School officials in Baltimore and Baltimore County pledged Thursday to track, for the first time, automated camera citations that are issued to privately owned school buses hired to transport public-school children.
The assurances came after The Baltimore Sun reported that since 2009 cameras have caught hundreds of school buses speeding near the schools they serve, often with children aboard.
- John B. Townsend II: Stop! In the Name of the Camera: Reducing School Bus Stop-Arm Violations
- UPDATE: Speed Camera Torched Near QO High School – Gaithersburg, MD Patch
- Second Opinion: School buses and the passing risk – Baltimore Sun opinion and editorial board debates on politics and other issues – baltimoresun.com
- Baltimore Co. Finishes Speed Camera Installation – Baltimore News Story – WBAL Baltimore
- Speed camera pseudo-statistics – baltimoresun.com
- Explore Baltimore County: Fines, not warnings, from speed cameras in school zones
- Sykesville turns down speed cameras in referendum – baltimoresun.com
- Many Motorists Enraged by Camera-Issued Tickets – NYTimes.com