Unsafe driving also applies to boating. When people speed using a boat that displaces lots of water the boat creates large waves. These waves are called wake. Wake travels like a miniature tsunami well away from the vessel smashing against the shore creating erosion problems, colliding with moored vessels, tossing recreational boaters about, and swamping kayaks and canoes.
This video is by YouTube videoist “Jaysic” shows the damaging wake of an inconsiderate speed boat operator. At our StoptheMUD YouTube channel we have added Jaysic’s videos to our favorites list and our boating safety playlist.
Do you boat on St. Leonard Creek? Are you a patron of Vera’s? Watch the videos. Get an idea what unsafe operation on the creek means to the residents who live along the shore.
- DNR may create boating speed limit on St. Leonard Creek
- Driving Safety and Boating Safety
- Wake-up call issued on unsafe roadway conditions
- NRP Urges Safety as Spring Opens Boating Season – Southern Maryland Headline News
- Please don’t speed up to film your speedometer. Please don’t do it.
- Shoot the Gap is NOT a Maneuver – It is Unsafe Driving
- Unsafe bicycling in Tour de Port – Baltimore Sun
- Unsafe Driver Tailgating and Passing