Until they are both back online, he said officers will patrol the area carefully and use laser speed guns to ensure motorists are obeying the law.
Read the story in the GaithersburgPatch:
(Absolutely the WRONG way to express displeasure with speed cameras. The perpetrator has cost the taxpayers $40K times two.
The statement above was a little humorous. I would hope that officers were patrolling the area effectively anyway looking for aggressive driving behavior or to ticket the drivers running the red. A red-light cam citation goes to the registered owner for payment and DOES NOT really hold the actual driver personally (only financially) accountable. In a perfect world these traps would be the exception and not the rule. )
- Maryland Speed Camera Program Faces New Legal Challenge
- Maryland Speed Cameras
- Crime Scenes: No break for cops caught on camera – Baltimore Sun
- EDITORIAL: Anti-speed-camera uprising – Washington Times
- Explore Baltimore County: Fines, not warnings, from speed cameras in school zones
- Baltimore Co. Finishes Speed Camera Installation – Baltimore News Story – WBAL Baltimore
- School speed cameras don’t brake for summer break – The Washington Post
- The Towerlight » Council to vote on speed cameras